St. Charles Emergency Medical Technician Program
Interested in becoming a licensed Emergency Medical Technician? The St. Charles EMT Training Program provides the basic level of training for the emergency care provider and leads to both state and national licensure examinations. Students will master the basic skills of emergency care through classroom training, hands-on skill training, and clinical observation, both in a hospital emergency department and on an ambulance. Upon successful completion of this program, students are eligible to take the National Registry Exam for certification by the State of Missouri.
EMT Training is the first step for any student interested in a career in the healthcare industry. According to the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of emergency medical technicians and paramedics expected to rise 33 percent between 2010 and 2020, due to an increase in health emergencies as the population of middle-aged and elderly people grows. Those with EMT certification can work as a paramedic, firefighter, emergency department technician, home health care provider, dispatching communications specialist or a health screener. WIOA Approved
PLEASE NOTE: You must attend a mandatory orientation to obtain requirements for the program, and pass the entrance exam to enroll. Students must be at least 18 years old and provide proof of a high school diploma, GED/ HISET, or a college transcript.
At the present time, due to COVID 19, all orientations will be conducted via Zoom. A link will be sent to the registrants.
EMT Orientation Dates:
October 16 (9 am) Register
October 23 (9 am) Register
November 5 (5 pm) Register
November 12 (5 pm) Register
December 2 (9 am) Register
December 7 (5 pm) Register
December 16 (9 am) Register
January 6 (5 pm) Register
January 11 (5 pm) Register
- $25 Entrance exam
- $250 Non-refundable registration fee, applied to tuition
- $1,299 Tuition (includes textbook, American Health Association Basic Life Skills CPR certification (BLS), and one EMT class polo shirt.
- $266 Textbook/lab
24-Hour EMT Refresher Course
The 24-hour Refresher course is designed to meet the requirements of the Department of Transportation (DOT) and National Registry standards, and the State of Missouri Bureau of EMS.
This course is for you if any of the following apply:
- You have made three (3) unsuccessful attempts at the NREMT Written Exam and remedial training is required.
- You are not currently working in the field and want to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date.
- You need to re-license for your State EMT license.
- Your NREMT Certification has lapsed.
To receive a certificate, you must attend all the classes. A copy of your EMT license and BLS certification is required or before the first day of class. Seating is limited. WIOA Approved
Wednesday — 1/6-2/10 6-10 pm Register
Students will learn to recognize life-threatening emergencies and to provide immediate care. Certification includes adult, child, and infant CPR with AED. Group scheduling and pricing are available upon request.
Saturday — 2/27 9-10:30 am Register
- Administrative Dental Assistant
- Clinical Dental Assistant
- Become a Physical Therapy Aide
- Become a Veterinary Assistant
- Veterinary Office Manager
- Become an Optical Assistant
- Explore a Career as a Clinical Medical Assistant
- Explore a Career as a Pharmacy Technician
- Explore a Career as an Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding
- Medical Transcription
- Explore a Career in Medical Writing
- Explore a Career in Nursing
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Office Basics Suite