There is a high demand for skilled medical billing and coding professionals in the healthcare industry, and employment is projected to grow 15% from now to 2024. Medical billers and coders are responsible for coding a patient’s diagnosis along with a request for payments from the patient’s insurance company. St. Charles Billing and Coding Specialist program will provide you with the information and training you need to earn a CBCS (Certified Billing and Coding Specialist) certification.
This 12-week comprehensive course consists of 72 hours of classroom instruction. You will learn the foundations of medical terminology and the technical knowledge and skills to maintain aspects of the revenue cycle to prevent reimbursements from being denied, delayed, or incomplete. This course will prepare you on how to gather, review, and verify essential patient information and documentation, how to prevent fraud and abuse by auditing billing, how to assign numeric codes for diagnoses and procedures, and the ability to coach healthcare providers to achieve optimal reimbursement when submitting claims.
At the end of the course, you will be prepared to sit for the Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) exam offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
Ensuring that data is prompt and accurate is a core part of the behind-the-scenes work that keeps hospitals and clinics running and thriving. So by becoming a Certified Billing and Coding Specialist, you’re saving lives too! Register today and open the door to a rewarding career path. WIOA Approved
Learn in-demand skills around your schedule. Our online, self-paced, or instructor-led training is designed to prepare you for entry or advancement in career opportunities.
- Administrative Dental Assistant
- Clinical Dental Assistant
- Become a Physical Therapy Aide
- Become a Veterinary Assistant
- Veterinary Office Manager
- Become an Optical Assistant
- Explore a Career as a Clinical Medical Assistant
- Explore a Career as a Pharmacy Technician
- Explore a Career as an Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding
- Medical Transcription
- Explore a Career in Medical Writing
- Explore a Career in Nursing
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Office Basics Suite