Are you interested in becoming a licensed Emergency Medical Technician? The St. Charles EMT Training Program provides the basic level of training for the emergency care provider and leads to state and national licensure examinations. Students will master basic emergency care skills through classroom training, hands-on skill training, and clinical observation in a hospital emergency department and in an ambulance. Upon completing this program, students are eligible to take the National Registry Exam (NREMT) for certification by the State of Missouri.
PLEASE NOTE: To enroll, you MUST pass an entrance exam. Students must be at least 18 years old and provide proof of a high school diploma, GED/ HISET, or a college transcript. WIOA Approved
EMT Training is the first step for any student interested in a career in the healthcare industry. According to the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment of EMTs and paramedics is projected to grow 11 percent from 2022 to 2030, faster than the average for all occupations, due to an increase in health emergencies as the population of middle-aged and elderly people grows. Those with EMT certification can work as a paramedic, firefighter, emergency department technician, home health care provider, dispatching communications specialist, or health screener.
NOW Enrolling for Fall 2022
Lab Fee: $150
CPR Card: $80
NOTE: $250 Non-refundable registration fee, applied to tuition
All students MUST attend an orientation before enrolling in the St. Charles EMT program.
Register below or call (636) 443-4043
All students MUST attend an orientation before enrolling in the St. Charles EMT program. Register below or call (636) 443-4043
All students MUST pass an entrance exam ($25) before enrolling in the St. Charles EMT program.
Register for the exam below or call (636) 443-4043
NOTE: CLASS WITHDRAWAL—Refunds for classes 8 weeks or longer have a non-refundable deposit/registration fee. If you cancel a course at any time, a refund will be provided, less the amount of the deposit. If you elect to keep your funds on account for future use, you will be granted a one-time transfer for your deposit/registration fee. No refunds, transfers, or credits will be granted on or after the course start date.
24-Hour EMT Refresher Course
The 24-hour Refresher course is designed to meet the requirements of the Department of Transportation (DOT) and National Registry standards, and the State of Missouri Bureau of EMS.
This course is for you if any of the following apply:
- You have made three (3) unsuccessful attempts at the NREMT Written Exam and remedial training is required.
- You are not currently working in the field and want to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date.
- You need to re-license for your State EMT license.
- Your NREMT Certification has lapsed.
To receive a certificate, you must attend all the classes. A copy of your EMT license and BLS certification is required before the first day of class. Seating is limited. WIOA Approved
Learn in-demand skills around your schedule. Our online, self-paced, or instructor-led training is designed to prepare you for entry or advancement in career opportunities. More
- Administrative Dental Assistant
- Clinical Dental Assistant
- Become a Physical Therapy Aide
- Become a Veterinary Assistant
- Veterinary Office Manager
- Become an Optical Assistant
- Explore a Career as a Clinical Medical Assistant
- Explore a Career as a Pharmacy Technician
- Explore a Career as an Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding
- Medical Transcription
- Explore a Career in Medical Writing
- Explore a Career in Nursing
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Office Basics Suite