The role of a pharmacy technician goes far beyond simply assisting in filling prescriptions and taking care of packaging and labeling. Pharmacy Technicians are sought-after professionals in pharmacies located in hospitals, drug stores, doctors’ offices, and grocery stores, and their work makes an enormous difference in the efficiency and safety of pharmacy operations. The St. Charles Pharmacy Technician program will provide you with the information and training you need to earn a CPhT (Certified Pharmacy Technician) certification.
This 14-week comprehensive course is taught by a nationally certified pharmacy technician with over 20 years of experience and consists of 56 hours of online instruction. The course begins by examining the role of the pharmacy technician in providing patient care services. Emphasis is placed on pharmaceutical terms, abbreviations, and symbols used in prescribing and charting medications, dosage forms, routes of administration of drugs, patient variables with regard to drug therapy, and equipment and systems used in the administration of drugs, and more.
Students must be at least 18 years of age and be able to provide documentation of High School graduation or GED/HiSET completion in order to register for this course.
Learn in-demand skills around your schedule. Our online, self-paced, or instructor-led training is designed to prepare you for entry or advancement in career opportunities.
- Administrative Dental Assistant
- Clinical Dental Assistant
- Become a Physical Therapy Aide
- Become a Veterinary Assistant
- Veterinary Office Manager
- Become an Optical Assistant
- Explore a Career as a Clinical Medical Assistant
- Explore a Career as a Pharmacy Technician
- Explore a Career as an Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding
- Medical Transcription
- Explore a Career in Medical Writing
- Explore a Career in Nursing
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Office Basics Suite