NEW—Today is the perfect time to start your new career as a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA). The St. Charles CMAA Program is designed to provide you with information and training to help you gain the skills to provide administrative support in a medical setting. Obtaining a CMAA Certification demonstrates your expertise in performing typical administrative tasks that keep physicians’ offices, healthcare clinics, and hospitals running efficiently.
This 11-week comprehensive course consists of 66 hours of virtual classroom instruction. As a student, you’ll enjoy learning a variety of medical administration policies and procedures and you will be able to:
• Define the importance of personal and professional ethics
• Demonstrate telephone etiquette, schedule appointments, and greet patients
• Evaluate a medical office’s scheduling needs and appropriately book patient services
• Perform and demonstrate the safety of patient information and confidentiality
• Correctly file medical records and perform basic financial and other general office procedures
• Understand medical terminology, and verify insurance coverage
• Comply with HIPAA/HITECH, OSHA, CMS regulations
At the end of the course, you will be prepared to take the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) exam offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA). After passing the CMAA exam, you will find a variety of positions available to you, including patient services representative, medical office administration/assistant/specialist, medical secretary, medical receptionist, medical billing specialists, and more. Don’t wait a moment longer to change your life — start your path to becoming a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant! Register today and open the door to a rewarding career path.
This class is conducted via ZOOM.
Learn more about this exciting career at an upcoming orientation. All students MUST attend an orientation to enroll. At the moment, All orientations will be conducted via ZOOM and can be accessed via computer, tablet, or mobile device.
January 12 (5 pm) Register
January 19 (6 pm) Register
- Learn in-demand skills around your schedule. Our online, self-paced, or instructor-led training is designed to prepare you for entry or advancement in career opportunities.
• Secrets of the Caterer
• Wow, What a Great Event!
• Advanced Fiction Writing
• Grammar Refresher
• Beginning Conversational French
• Conversational Japanese
• Discover Sign Language
• Color Theory
• Drawing for the Absolute Beginner
• Introduction to Digital Scrapbooking
• Introduction to Guitar
• Mastering Your Digital SLR Camera